"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beginnings

Well, the 2010-2011 school year is well underway now!  I know, I know.  You have been wondering: "Where are the posts?", "Where are the pictures?", WHERE'S DUSTY???".  Have no fear, I am right here.  I meant to blog about the first day(s) of school both Thursday and Friday, but life proved to get in the way yet again.  Thursday was Back to School Night and I didn't get home until after 9:00 pm.  Friday was a regular late night and by the time we got home, ate, and put the kids to bed I just didn't have energy for anything more draining than vegging in the bed with Amy watching Big Brother on TiVo.  Oh, TiVo how I love you, let me count the ways!

But, worry not, the dawn of a new school year does not mean a cutback in blogging.  I plan on fitting it in frequently.  Granted it may be not as much as over the summer, but as close to that as I can manage!  Onto the post!


Well, the first day of school came bright and early Wednesday morning and I think it's safe to say I was by far the most excited in our house!  I was up early and ready to go!  The boys woke up fairly easily and were also excited.  However, Braeden's excitement quickly turned to a meltdown due to a breakfast related crisis (as seen in pictures below).  So he didn't get the best "First Day of Pre-K" picture possible, but it is what it is.  We left the house at the shockingly early time of 5:50 so we could be at school for the first day early.  I wasn't bothered by this because by then I was riding  high on excitement, adrenaline, and caffeine!  


Every member of the Drosche family had a great first day!  My kids are great and I am still (thankfully!) as well-prepared as I was before school started.  Amy's day went smoothly with no catastrophes so that is always good.  Braeden thoroughly enjoyed Pre-K and actually wakes up every day stating "I'm ready for my next day in Pre-K!".  He loves is teacher (you're awesome Julie!) and talks incessantly about school.  Jack had a great day, it wasn't his first in the class technically since he moved up a bit early but he did get a good note (yes, as opposed to the typical not-so-good (also known as bad) note!).  So, that right there is an accomplishment worth noting!


Also, amazingly, we have been able to keep up with our new routines despite the craziness that comes with our school schedule.  I'm talking about making lunches before bed, staying on top of the laundry and dishes, and keeping the house tidied.  Yeah I know what you're thinking: "Ahhhhh Dusty, but the school year is young.  Give it time, the hectic craziness will slowly creep into your carefully planned routines and orderly schedule!".  To you I say: "Get thee behind me!" as I am keeping the faith that maybe (oh just maybe) we are getting  handle on life and slowly beating it at it's own game!  Yes I know, a bit delusional and my fingers are crossed as I write, but I can dream right?


Well, I think that brings the blog current.  Below are some great pictures of my fantastic boys adorably ready and eager for school!  There are also pictures of the supplies I collected from my kids, I took them just to feed my sick and odd desire for all things school supply.  Seeing them, gathering them, and organizing them brought me such great joy!  So much fun!  Calm down (me)!  Woo hoo!  Back to school!  :)


All is well, enjoying the fresh new school year, in Drosche Land.


The blogged-of school supplies for the boys, carefully packed and ready to go!

Jack grinning and ready to go on the first day!

My dear emotional son Braeden (not grinning) on the first day!

Jack's new big boy pack pack (that's what he calls it, cute huh?) and matching lunch kit!

Braeden has had his set for a while, but of course needed a picture too!

Baby wipes, paper plates, index cards, Ziploc bags, crayons, and markers!  Brings shivers down my spine!

You can't have too many paper towels in a classroom!

You also can't have too many boxes of Kleenex, pencils, or glue!  Oh and poster board, oh so many uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment