"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 13, 2010

Moving On Up

Well, last night I made a return trip to nerd heaven as we went school supply shopping for the boys!  It was so much fun, well at least I though it was.  Folders, pencils, erasers, markers, glue . . .  Oh the joy!  I manned the list while Amy drove the cart.  We shared in the kid-wrangling throughout the overly-packed back to school section of WalMart.  Sadly it was over all too soon.  The good part was we made it out for only spending $30 for both of them, I still have a few things to get but it shouldn't be more than $10.  Amy and I both reveled in the cheapness of this trip since it would most likely be the last time we are able to spend so little.  The funniest part though came as we returned to the car.  I was pushing both boys in the basket that was filled with their new supplies.  As we got to the van I said, "Wasn't that so much fun buying all of your new school supplies?"  Their answer?  "No, but the ride was a lot of fun!"  HA!  So they haven't inherited my nerdy love of all things back to school (I still have time to guide and train them!) but it was a great trip.  To top it off I got to bust out my handy dandy label maker later on that night!   Ahhhhh!

However, my joy was short-lived because this morning I was reminded that today was Braeden's last day in Pre-School 3!  Wednesday he will be in Pre-Kindergarten.  I'll be honest, I teared up a bit.  That should come as no surprise to any of you.  He, of course, is super excited.  I have spent the day wondering where my baby went and realizing how unbelievably close we are to uniforms, homework, and sports!  I can't believe he is getting so old.  This year will be full of new adventures for him/us so expect to hear all about them over the coming year.  Just one more bittersweet part of being a parent.  I don't know what I will do next year when he is next door!  OMG!  Crazy!

All is well, now with a Pre-Kindergartner, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment