"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 14, 2010

UN-Happy Hour

Ok, so I generally try to use my blogging powers for good and not evil.  However, tonight I blog to complain.  Grrrrr, argh!  So, you have been forewarned.  On with the post.

So, today was the Back to School Bash for the 2010-2011 school year.  It went great and I am super excited about this coming year.  I know it is going to be awesome!  But that's not the complaint (obviously).  On the way home we decided to stop by Sonic since it was their Happy Hour.  I love me some Diet Cherry Limeade, especially when it is half-priced.  So we pulled into the drive thru, because that's supposed to be faster right?  WRONG!  35, yes folks I said 35, minutes later we receive our order.  Now, let me pause here to explain our order.  3 drinks.  Ok, that's it, nothing special, nothing complex.  No special order.  Literally just fill up 3 cups.  Simple right?  WRONG!  Who knows what the problem was?  No one ever came to the cars to apologize for the wait or to offer an explanation.  They didn't pull people forward into their empty drive-in lanes to wait.  Nope, just a long line of cars idling in the 100℉ August heat.  

So we finally pull up to receive our orders, needless to say we were totally outdone.  The car hop didn't even try to apologize.  After expressing our frustration about the wait all she had to offer was that the "people inside were incompetent".  Really?  Seriously?  Not exactly what discontented customers want to hear.  Then she gave us the phone number (the wrong one) to Sonic's customer service and stated that we should complain and "tell them they need to hire more people to work on Saturday afternoons".  Really?  Seriously?  Did she just actually say that?  Yes folks, she did.  So as I so aptly stated in my Yelp review (found here) crappy service + servers with major attitude = me NEVER visiting this location again.  There are plenty of other Sonic locations just waiting to quench my thirst.  I did, thanks to the Internet (always handy) find the correct number to Sonic's customer service and give them my account of the shockingly poor service we received.

So, all's well that ends well.  My Diet Cherry Limeade was great and I'm over it.  But I still had to share since I'm still in awe of the whole incident and how crazy it was.  I generally try not to be a negative person, but everyone must make exceptions sometimes.  So here is my post.  Ahhhhhh, much better.  I love blogging.  Onto happier topics, tomorrow is Amy's birthday and I am super-excited about that!  WOO HOO!  But that's a post for another time, hopefully tomorrow!

All is well, with one less Sonic to visit, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment