"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 23, 2010

It Figures

Well, we got 3 whole days into the school year before we had to take one of the boys to the doctor!  Seriously?!?!  Yeah, seriously.  I mean, I had the boys at home all summer long.  All the time in the world to keep them home if they got sick without any problems at all.  Did they get sick once?  Nope!  3 days into the school year what happens?  Dude, what kind of crazy Murphy's Law is that?  I know what you're thinking: "Which boy?" and "What's the matter?".  Well, Jack is the boy and allergies are what's the matter.  I guess I shouldn't complain though since it is just allergies and nothing more serious.  Hold on while I cross my fingers, knock on wood, throw salt over my shoulder, track down a rabbit's foot, and say a prayer.

So, over the weekend we notice that Jack is getting awfully drippy and goopey in the eye/nose regions.  Allergies, we know it.  So we start on our typical Zyrtec/Benadryl/Dimetapp rotation and cocktail.  But, Monday morning comes and no luck.  He looks like he is slowly melting away into a goopey little puddle.  Poor little guy!  So Amy, being the wonderful and fantastic wife/mother she is, runs him to Dr. Kinalska (doctor extraordinaire, highly recommended!).  Yep, sinus infection, eye infection, and chest congestion.  Lovely.  It was a nice 3-day illness free streak we had going there.  Time to reset the clock!  A couple of doses of antibiotics and eye drops later and we hope that he is on the mend!  Until then I will keep up my aforementioned luck rituals for safety's sake and stock up on Kleenex (LOTS!)!  :)


All is well, tissues at hand, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment