"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 04, 2010

Summer Lovin'/Lovin' Summer

Well, today was the first full day of my very first summer vacation, as an adult that is.  Yes, that's right.  A teacher who has never had a summer break.  Hard to believe, but true.  At Memorial I always ran the Summer Program, but at Trinity that is a job already held by someone else!  So, I actually get a vacation.  I wish it were with Amy, but she works year-round.  :(  Such the is life of an Early Childhood Director - no rest for the boss.  So far though my vacation is going well.  Today was just a day of nothing - no big chores or anything on the list.  That will all begin next Monday.  However, I did get 7 loads of laundry and 2 loads of dishes done.  In addition to that, the calendar and Religion/Memory sections of my 2010/2011 block plan and some discussion questions for this week's homework are also done.  So needless to say, it's been a productive day.

Another exciting part of being home is the time with the boys.  They will only be attending school on Tuesday/Thursday so I will have them at home the other three days.  Today we just relaxed but starting next week I really do want to start some structured activities with them.  I have grandiose plans of working on letters, numbers, and handwriting.  But we will see how that dream progresses as the summer sets in.  I don't want to, and am being told not to by others, push them too hard.  They do just need a break also, so we will see what happens.  Today though they did well.  Just relaxing watching movies, playing with toys, and playing sports all day.  Starting next week I also want them to be outside and splash some each day (I will also get to work on my tan!) but that means I have to mow the lawn and get it ready - another task for next week.
 

In addition to regular housework (I want to thoroughly clean the entire house) and working with the boys I also have an extensive "honey do" list developing.  With the hope of moving next year there are things that need to be done this summer to prepare.  Most of these projects, and other big ones, will be done on the days when the boys are at school and I can just work on stuff.

So, sounds busy huh?  But I'm actually excited about all the to-do's emerging and everything!  I will also plan on plenty of time to relax, but I also do enjoy chores and stuff - weird I know.  So, I'm already loving this summer vacation thing (hence the post title).  I also am excited about blogging more and photographing the boys more!  Woo hoo!  Oh, and I want to learn iMovie, I've already started!  Well, I gotta run and get dinner ready (another fun part of being home).  Summer will be busy - but exciting and lots of fun!  Woo hoo!
 

All is well, and on vacation, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment