"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 11, 2010

Recharge

Well, since I finally got to mow the lawns yesterday, well at least 3/4 of the back yard before the mower ran out of gas, today was the first day the boys got to splash around outside!  Luckily I began mowing the back yard beginning with the portion closest to the house!  How clever am I huh?  I figured the mower would run out of gas, it's been low for a while, and I wanted to be sure they could get out to splash and play.  See, who says I can't think/plan ahead?  Guess I should have employed that thinking/planning ahead to getting gas though.  But anyway, I digress.  I filled up the pool, with two very anxious boys peering out the back door at me, urging me on.  Then I opened up the new water toy Braeden got for his birthday, thanks Tootie!  It's a Buzz Lightyear rocket that attaches to a water hose so it shoots up into the air when the water is turned on!  I, oops I mean the boys, really loved it.  Lastly I dressed the boys in their swimsuits and lathered them up with sunscreen.  By the time I let them out into the back yard they were practically vibrating with eagerness!  Needless to say a blast was had by all.  Running, jumping, splashing, playing with the new toy; it was a fun and wet hour.  Where, you might ask, are the pictures of this fantastic welcome to summer?  What, you may also be asking, does this have to do with the post title of "Recharge"?  Well, everything!  It seems our rechargeable batteries for the camera have finally thrown in the towel.  Luckily I was able to get some (hopefully) cute pics before they died.  I shouldn't really complain though.  Those batteries were at least 3 years old, at my best guess, and possibly older.  Sadly though the photographic evidence of today's fun are trapped on the camera until we can buy new batteries or I can scrounge up 2 AA batteries from somewhere around the house (watch out remotes!).  They were going to be the subject of next week's Wordless Wednesday, but I do have some back-up photos that have never before been shared to fall back on. 

So, now the summer-long question of where to store their inflatable kiddie pool begins???  I truly to not want to deflate and re-inflate it countless times and I really did want the boys to splash at least twice a week.  I need a bigger garage, or one of those neat storage sheds for the back yard!  (Amy is rolling her eyes at this!  :) )  But I digress again.  Dead batteries and captive pictures withstanding, today's splashing adventure was a success!  I even put on my swimsuit in an effort to cool off and work on my tan (sorry no pics of that were taken!  HA!).  We will definitely be splashing more often, something cheap and easy to enjoy during the summer!  Hopefully the quarantined pics, and more future ones, will be forthcoming.  Until then, take my word for it - it was awesome!

All is well, and splashtacular, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment