"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, June 12, 2010

6

Years that is, today is our 6th Anniversary!  Wow, it is hard to believe that it has been 6 years already.  It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the milestone of 5 years with one of my most romantic actions ever - the re-creating of our wedding cake topper.  Yeah, I did good!  :)  But this year came with less frills, but was special nonetheless.  Due to budget constraints (in order to hit our Debt Snowball hard) we decided to forego cards and presents.  That also meant no eating out or special date this year.  Instead, we just spent the day at home relaxing as a family.  As luck would have it though we were cleaning up and came across two old gift cards, both with remaining balances.  So, we took them to the grocery and bought items to cook a special dinner.  Amy made fondue, and I must say it was the best fondue she has made - EVER!  We also had some delicious rosemary chicken and smashed potatoes.  So, we did end up having something different and special after all.  Other than that though we relaxed and watched the US vs. England World Cup game, which I surprisingly was interested in.  It was a tie game in case you missed it, which threw me for a loop, since when is no winner a good thing?  However a friend explained it all via Facebook (thanks Daniel) and now not only am I all up to date with my knowledge, but am actually looking forward to the next game(s)!  Weird huh?  Maybe soccer is my sport?  Maybe I'm just all caught up with World Cup fever?  I'm leaning toward the latter, but you never know.




But I digress.  Today was a special day.  A day when I personally give thanks for my wonderful wife and everything she means to me.  I'd be lost without her and am lucky to have her.  So frills or no, Fogo de Chao (our special occasion splurge restaurant) or eating at home, gifts or none; I'm just happy to spend the day with my true love.  That's what today is all about anyway right?  Right!  Below are some of my favorite pictures from our wedding.  Man we look so young, but I guess we were!  Ahhhh the memories!  Enjoy!
 
All is well, entering our 7th year, in Drosche Land.



 This is my favorite picture of Amy ever!

Amy and her bridesmaids

Me and my groomsmen
The Wedding Party

Both of our families all together!

Our first picture together as a married couple!

Leaving the reception - one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment