"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Batting 1,000

Well, judging by the little visitor counter on the right-hand side of the blog sometime between yesterday's posts and today we reached 1,000 hits!  Woo hoo!  I'm excited, it's the little things.  Now this means one of two things.  Either a lot of people are coming and visiting once and never again, or a few people are viewing it constantly, eagerly awaiting new posts!  Either was I'm happy.  I know what you're thinking, "What about when you log on, doesn't that count?".  Nope, when I set the counter up I made it so that it ignores my computer (it works, I've tried it!).  I also programmed it to wait a few hours before a visitor becomes "unique" again.  I thought this would give a more realistic picture of who is visiting.  Yes I know, I'm a little obsessive about it all.  But hey, I like it.  I have really enjoyed this blog.  Not only is it fun, but I think that it's a great idea to share our adventures here with family and friends.  So, I will celebrate this milestone by, well by blogging about it I guess.  The next milestone I am looking forward to is 100 posts.  This makes #79 so that celebration should come sometime this summer.  Get your party hats, confetti, and champagne ready!  :)  Happy reading!

All is well, and welcoming visitors (repeat and unique), in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment