"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Well, today's was Father's Day and it was a great one.  I have to say though, as nice as it is to have a day all about me (AWESOME) I have to give credit to the people who make it possible to be a father - the boys and Amy.  They made my day wonderful.  Presents, hugs, kisses, constantly telling me "Happy Father's Day", and eating at La Finca - our favorite restaurant.  It was fun.  All day I kept thinking about the birth of the boys and how crazy and different our lives are now that we are parents.  However, no matter how busy, hectic, or crazy our lives get I wouldn't change it for anything.  Just one smile from them melts me and everything is totally worth it.

This Father's Day was also different because it is the first once since we have fully decided on our adoption adventure!  So of course my mind was filled with all the thoughts of what lies ahead for our newest addition.  It is still so long away, but I know (and desperately hope) that the time will fly by and before we know it we will be welcoming our little daughter into our arms, lives, and hearts.

So, the boys are now in bed (quiet so hopefully they are asleep) and all is quiet and calm.  Time now to relax and enjoy the remainder of the evening with my beautiful wife.  The day, my day, is over.  But I close it in peace and comfort.  Happy with my role as a father, enjoying the blessings (stinkers though they be!) that God has given me and awaiting the ones that have yet to come!

All is well, with one proud Papa, in Drosche Land.  



The Father's Day picture Amy took for me this morning!  Love my boys!

1 comment:

  1. My dearest love,
    You are a wonderful and caring father. I am so proud to stand next to you each day as your wife. I can't wait for our next adventure together. With all my love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete