"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Deal!

So, on the way home tonight we had one simple errand to run.  The boys needed new shoes and Braeden needed some shorts.  Since he is perpetually in a phase where he only wants to wear athletic shorts we headed to Academy.  Turns out, as I have been beginning to realize lately, we don't have babies anymore.  Nope, we've officially got kids on our hands now.  No matter how many times this fact rears its head, I am still taken by surprise.  So, into the "Boys" section we headed.  6 pairs of shorts (5 for Braeden and 1 for Jack who of course had to try on and get his own!) later we were set.  Braeden chose every color available in the soccer shorts and Amy and I talked him into some burnt orange basketball shorts!  Hook 'Em!  Then we headed into the shoes where Jack can still fit into toddler sizes but Braeden once again had to go to the "Boys" section as he now wears an 11.  Jack was easy to please and quickly picked out a pair, Braeden on the other hand took his sweet time debating which shoes he wanted, walking up and down the same aisles.  I have no clue where he gets it from!  Ok ok ok, stop pointing at me, I give in, maybe he takes after me, a bit!  :)  So we finally picked out shoes for Braeden and headed home.  But that is not the best part of the story (I know it has seemed routine and mundane up until now but I had to give you the whole story, you know me!).  We were looking at the sale rack and I came across the cutest Longhorns dress!  In a size 3T!  I know Margaux will be adorable in it!  The price?  You will never guess.  At first I thought it was a misprint, but a quick jaunt to the hand dandy price checker proved the tag to be correct.  Scroll down and take a gander at the dress before I tell you the INCREDIBLY AWESOME deal we got.  Go ahead, I'll wait . . . . . Ok, you ready!  $.88!  Yes folks, that decimal is in the right place, we're talking 88 cents, less than a dollar!  Can you believe that?!  I am still stunned honestly so of course I had to blog about my great deal.  Amazing.  So head to Academy if you are in search of a Longhorns dress and only have about a buck to spend, that or if you are looking for some deals.  

The remainder of the night was crazy though as we ventured home from our eventful Academy experience.  See, we've sworn off eating out.  Last week was so crazy with the opening of the new building and all we were tired (I know, crazy concept) of eating out and were ready to eat at home.  Well, the best laid plans.  Turns out there was a streetlight out on Fry Rd (which seems to be the case far too often) so our trip home turned into a ridiculously long ordeal.  By the time we were even near home there was no way we had the time, energy, or patience to get home cook, serve, and clean up after a meal.  So we gave in (slightly grudgingly) and headed to our favorite stand-by - La Finca!  You'd think they would know us there by now.  So, better luck with eating at home tomorrow I guess.  Seriously, we are swearing it off, if we could just make it home at a decent time!  :)  

All is well, can you believe my deal on Margaux's dress?!, in Drosche Land.

LOVE IT!  And just $.88!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment