"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Done!

Over!  Finished!  Finito!  We are finally through with our flooring adventure.  Sure it was fun and yes I have a strong sense of accomplishment, but I am glad it is over.  I don't want to see mortar, smell mortar, or even think about mortar for a long time.  I don't even want to wear a mortar board when I graduate from my M.Ed. program [get it :)]!  Plus I think I've grouted my fingerprints off.  All in all though it was pretty awesome.  The toughest part?  Not having our living room or dining room for a week.  That and the dust and grime that covered everything. We are still a few moppings away from having everything gleaming, but there is only so much we can fit into a day.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this last time, but we over-measured and still have 20 boxes of tile, 6 bags of mortar, and 1 bag of grout left!  Oops!  I know what you're thinking, return it!  Get your money back.  Yeah, that would work if we weren't slightly crazy and gluttons for home improvement projects.  Plus now we are totally in love with the tile.  So, next on the agenda is the laundry room/pantry.  Luckily Amy has agreed to put this project off until summer!  

I sit here typing this, wishing I had one more day of Spring Break before returning to work.  Why is it you always need a vacation to recover from your vacation?  Oh well, at least everything is back to normal here as we resume school.  I could not even imagine the nightmare it would be to return to our usual hectic schedules sans those two oh-so-important rooms!  I shudder even thinking about it.  I've included some pictures below of the floor-a-thon.  Before, during, and after.  I have to say I am totally in love with tile floors now though.  They turned out beautifully and we are enjoying them very much!

All is well, totally floored, in Drosche Land.

 Ugh, carpet!

 The insanity that was our dining room for a week!

 Amy beginning the demo!

 Goodbye carpet!

Our garage - construction central!

 The first tile!

 The first night's work!
 
 My two helpers - spacer gatherers!

The finished product!

 Love it!

 Ahhhh, back to normal, but tiled!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment