"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 14, 2011

Catch Up

Call off the search, bring in the hounds and give them treats, alert the authorities - I'm back!  So yeah, it's been a week since the last post.  Far too long.  I have hated not being blogging but things have been super busy here in Drosche Land.  I'll quickly try to catch up the past 7 days and inform you of our latest adventure.  

Last week was National Lutheran Schools Week.  Basically we just celebrate how awesome Lutheran schools are by offering great education plus the opportunity to share God's love and great message.  What better way to celebrate than with fun, themed dress up days!  My favorite of course was Pajama Day, I rocked some fierce Smurf jammies!  I did end up getting good news regarding my course work.  Since I am in the middle of a weekly tutoring plan for my class, due dates for my assignments were pushed from Wednesdays to Saturdays.  This is nice and brings some ease to the craziness.  I am 3 weeks down, just 5 more to go!  Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and Amy and I took Lent seriously this year.  She gave up Mexican food (gasp!) and I gave up sweets (double gasp!).  Needless to say we have been struggling with maintaining discipline with our choices but so far so good.  The week flew by quickly despite being busy.  Friday night we went to the Rodeo with my parents.  Tons of fun as the boys rode the carnival rides and we enjoyed carnival food (no yummy Pappasito's for Amy or funnel cakes for me though!).  The boys love the Rodeo action, the roping, bucking, wrestling, and general Western fun.  Then then promptly fell asleep when the concert (Lady Antebellum) began!  

Saturday we were zonked from a late night but then realized we had yet to decide on a home improvement project for Spring Break.  See, we always take on some project around the house.  Last year was painting the entry and living room.  This year we decided to take it up a notch and try our hand at flooring!  Yes, we ripped up the carpet in the living room and the vinyl tile in the entry.  The demo part was surprisingly easy, although quite disgusting as we took  the carpet up.  We knew we were getting a less expensive carpet/pad when we built the house, we always had intended on replacing it.  We just didn't know how nasty carpet could get, even in 3 1/2 short years!  Yuck!  We have made the choice to, over time, replace most, if not all, of the carpet in the house.  We are currently about 3/4 of the way done.  Amy had to go back to work today so I will be tiling alone this afternoon, hopefully finishing laying all of the tile that does not need to be cut.  We are saving that part for last!  I do finally understand though why people say your house is a wreck when you remodel.  All of our furniture is stacked in the dining room and there is dust everywhere, I mean everywhere!.  Our hands are sore to say the least, as are many other parts of our body!  But, we are loving this and having a lot of fun!  It is beautiful and we cannot wait to be finished and enjoy our new floors and of course our clean and settled house!

So, there you have it.  We have been tiling the past few nights past midnight so there has been no time to blog, even though I have wanted to badly.  I also missed a Sunday Snapshot so I am going to try and get that out later.  Thanks for missing us, I missed you too!  It's good to be back!

All is well, cluttered/sore/improving, here in Drosche Land!   

No comments:

Post a Comment