"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Countdown

Well, it's official.  My M.Ed. program is quickly coming to an end!  As of today, I have only 3 weeks left.  Yes, you read that correctly, 3!  Needless to say, I am stoked!  The problem isn't that the work has been hard, but rather that there has been work.  Yes, I know I have a strong tendency toward procrastination and slight bouts of laziness, but still.  Honestly, I think I'm lucky though since my coursework has been entirely online.  I have no clue how people take actual courses.  Juggling the boys, work, the adoption, life in general, and homework has not been easy.  I know I'm not really one to complain, but this is my blog after all!  :)  My poor Amy though still has a few courses left.  I'll need to focus all my energy that I would use on homework to motivate her as she finishes.  Admittedly it's not much energy that I put forth, but anything can help! 

So, what will I do with my new found free time when I have completed my coursework?  Well, I'd like to say that I will replace it with the bliss of nothingness, or maybe take up recreational reading again (you may recall the brief resurgence of this over this past summer).  Truth be told though, I will probably just replace it with something else, hopefully something with less work!  :)  Right now at the top of my list is Trinity's yearbook for the 2010/2011 school year.  I have done nothing, scratch that, I have only gotten the cover done.  There is plenty of time left since we have a fall delivery, but I will definitely need to begin devoting some attention toward that.  But it is hardly work, I've done it before at Memorial and I do enjoy it.  Then there is the reading thing.  Lately I have taken up reading again, occasionally though, every few days.  I am currently in Beaches.  I know, sappy and I'll admit the movie makes me bawl like a baby, but so far it is good.  I enjoy me a nice emotional dramatic book every now and then.

The best part of being enrolled in my M.Ed. courses has been the fact that, with continued education, my student loans have been on automatic deferment!  This was also done for Amy's loans and has come in super handy as we whittle down our debt snowball and begin paying for Margaux's adoption.  Even better news?  I know, there has been a lot here already, but wait, there's more.  Amy and I both just got letters stating that our loans will remain on deferment until February/March of 2012!  That's just around the time when we will either be traveling to get Margaux or (hopefully more likely) we will have had her for a while by that time.  Pretty awesome coincidence huh?  Guess HE does know things better and plan better than we do right?  :)  

So, not major news, but good nonetheless.  Things here are (somewhat) calm right now.  We are though smack in the middle of considering the potential purchase of a second car.  But that's an adventurous post for another day, maybe tomorrow.  

All is well, 3 weeks left!, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment