"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 28, 2011

Addiction

So, it's pretty safe to say that I have a few vices in life. If you know me then you can probably name, in order, the things I am thinking/blogging about. Yes, coffee tops the list! I'm totally addicted to Starbucks, the Trenta size is the best thing to happen to coffee since Splenda. My current favorite is a Trenta iced coffee, without the syrup, 6 Splenda, and a shot of espresso. Ahhhh, just thinking about it brings me to giddy, caffeine induced joy! I also have a pretty strong adoration for my Keurig machines. Yes, that's plural, I have one big one at home and a small one in my classroom. We also get automated shipments of coffee every few months from Green Mountain. So you can see the love/addiction.

Another is sweets. Cake, cookies, candy, I'm not too picky. However, I made the decision to give up sweets for Lent this year and let me tell you it has been difficult! I've stopped counting the days left in Lent because it's too depressing. I didn't realize how much sweet stuff I ate throughout the day, but apparently it's a lot. Boy do I miss it though. I'm going to buy one of those ginormous chocolate bunnies, you know the kind I'm talking about, and bring it to church on Easter. I'll gnaw on that sucker all day, maybe I'll get two!

TV is of course another, although with the busyness of our lives lately and coursework (did I mention the fact that I only have 3 weeks left!) it has shifted slightly to a Netflix/DVR addiction. Streaming to my TVs, iPhone and iPad! Sure thing!

Why do I post this you ask? Well, it's a random train of thought stemming from the fact that I am struggling to muster enough motivation to do homework but instead have gotten lost in blog-reading, my latest addiction. Adoption blogs, teacher blogs (I've gotten some awesome ideas from these, and sometimes random blog wandering. See the connection? Anywho, that's what leads me to this delightfully random post/trip through my thought process! I hope you've enjoyed the ride. Now it's time to get back to my attempt at homework and bemoaning the seasonal loss of sweets! Wish me luck.

Oh, and if you're wondering, no, I didn't post a Sunday Snapshot yesterday. I didn't have material! :( it really bummed me out too because I love me some blogging and Sunday Snapshots! It's just been so darn busy lately. Bummer! I'm hoping the impending start of Braeden's soccer season will solve that dilemma! But that's a post for another time!

All is well, addictions included, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment