"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tune In

So, I think it's pretty obvious that I am a raving TV addict.  But I'm ok with that.  Some people have sports as a hobby, or scrapbooking, or collecting something.  I watch TV.  I'm pretty sure that I would go into withdrawal if I were without it.  I know that when the power goes out I am lost and all I can think of is what my TiVo will be missing also!  It's is amazing I have done so well without cable.  However, the drive to be debt-free has inspired me.  Plus with Netflix, Hulu, and networks posting shows on the Internet, I'm good.  But I am not in the school of thought that TV is bad for you or rots your brain.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I think TV is awesome and extremely valuable.  I mean think about all one can learn, do, or enjoy via this magical box.

Cooking, home improvement, history, crafting, entertainment.  The possibilities are endless!  Plus you can learn a lot about yourself.  For instance, through watching Supernanny I know that my crazy rascals aren't that bad, and neither are my parenting skills!  Watching Hoarders shows me that my house isn't really horrible messy, plus it inspires me to clean it lest I become a featured guest on the program.  See what I mean?  I've given this a lot of thought lately and feel that it completely justifies my love (obsession) with TV.  I'm just further educating myself and maintaining life-long learning right?  Right!


This morning Amy and Jack left with her mom, Adam, and her grandparents to attend the funeral for her aunt in Kansas.  I stayed behind because it is not the best time for me to miss work and I kept Braeden so he would be able to attend as many practices for the Jingle Bell Mingle as possible to avoid another performance catastrophe.  We are having a little vacation of our own as we stay at Amy's Mom's house to take care of her dogs and Lucy.  Why is this relevant to this post?  Well, Amy's Mom has cable!  So, needless to say I plan on doing a lot of learning over the next 3 days!  Ahhhh, hundreds of channels of visual enjoyment how I've missed you!


All is well, remote in hand, in Drosche Land.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment