"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pay Off

So I thought that the Christmas vacation would bring with it tons of time to blog and catch up.  However, I have found it more important and rewarding to just relax and hang out with my wonderful family.  Awwwwww, right!  So here I am to blog a bit.  So, on with the post.

You may be thinking - "What 'Pay Off'?"  You might also have noted that in the previous paragraph I mentioned the word "vacation".  You might also have put two and two together to surmise the topic of this post.  That or you are just frustrated with me for not getting to the point.  Ok, ok.  So, I don't know if the higher-ups at GCU read my prior blog post (here), if God answered my prayers, or if it were always in the cards and I just didn't know.  Regardless of the reasoning (although I like to believe that my venting post had something to do with it!) Amy and I actually have a BREAK FROM OUR COURSEWORK!  Yes that is right.  Ironically, beginning the day after said venting post, we began a 2-week break.  Yes, 2 weeks!  That means that as of today we still have 1 week left in our break!  WOO HOO!  Let me say, it has been AWESOME!  I have loved not worrying about posting replies to discussion questions, putting off work, working last minute, etc.  Ahhhhhh!

Obviously I am enjoying myself.  We have not done much during the break so you know it's been good.  I think it might just be the break we have been needing to revitalize ourselves, at work, with coursework, and as a family.  It has definitely been a great way to end a good year.  One of the best parts may be coming tonight as Amy and I send the boys off to spend the night with my parents so we can have a relaxing date night!  We've picked out a new restaurant to try and are ready to have a relaxing evening together.

All in all we have been thoroughly enjoying our vacation and it's not even over yet!  What's up for the rest of our vacation?  More of the same!  Just family time, relaxing, watching TV, and a whole bunch of nothing!  The only thing I have planned is to do some much-needed laundry so we will be able to leave the house (fully-clothed) once the vacation is over!  But since I seem to have an odd affinity for laundry, it's not really that much work!  :)

All is well, ON VACATION, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment