"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Next Step

So today we may have taken the next step in the adventure that has been selling our house.  I stress may because we will see what benefits, if any, it brings about to our situation.  Today our realtor brought in a team of other Realtors for a walk-through of our house.  I am nearly positive that it is for them to evaluate our house and give suggestions about what can/should/might be done to help get it sold.  I'm trying to keep the phrase "constructive criticism" in my mind as we await to hear a response from our realtor tomorrow about how it went.  I have always had a problem with that term and in fact find it to be quite an oxymoron.  I find very little criticism to be constructive, mainly because when it is given I am too upset/worried/offended about being criticized!  I much more prefer the term advice or suggestions.  I had nearly gotten used to the idea of strangers walking around in my house when I'm not there (despite the fact that we've only had one failed showing and an unsuccessful open house) but this is different.  This is a group of strangers with opinions and "constructive" criticism.

The worst part of this is the fact that our house was not in it's neatest condition.  Now, I'm not talking anything straight out of Hoarders, but still not as tidy as we've been trying to keep it in the hopes that strangers will drop by with wads of cash to purchase our home.  My biggest peeve, there were dirty dishes in the sink!  Gasp!  I hate that.  But see, there are two, yes two, very valid excuses for this.  One it's December and we are not actually home that much during the week and when we are we are generally too tired to actually work on the process of tidying.  Two, Amy and Jack were out of town in Kansas for her aunt's funeral and I was dog/house sitting at Amy's Mom's.  Therefore I was not able to straighten or tidy the house prior to the walk through.  Oh well, my hopes is that this group of constructively suggesting (criticizing) strangers could overlook this fact and find other more constructive advice (criticisms) to give us.  So, I will just have to get over the anxiety and general upset-ness I have felt all day knowing that my untidiness was on display.

But I digress.  It's slow going here as we continue to wait out this latest adventure.  I'm hoping the new year brings more productive results and possible a sale (fingers are crossed).  On the upside, my want to move into Jersey Village was heavily validated over the past few days as I stayed at Amy's Mom's house.  She lives just outside Jersey Village and it only took 20-30 minutes (with a Starbucks stop) to get to school, and that was on the main lanes so I could exit and make the Starbucks stops.  Getting back from work was just as delightful as I flew back (on the HOV) in about 20ish minutes!  So it is clear that I am cemented in my desire to become a Jersey Village inhabitant.  The longer we wait the fewer houses I have bookmarked on HAR in Jersey Village remain available.  Yikes!  I should probably go and check for fresh listings!  For now though we continue to wait it out.  It's not too much to ask is it?  We just need a buyer, oh and a house we like.

All is well, awaiting to be constructively criticized, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment