"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 29, 2013

Y = Yo Gabba Gabba

Yo Gabba Gabba.

You know, the TV show.  On Nick Jr.  With DJ Lance Rock.  And the weird characters.  Well, if you've never seen it, look it up so I don't sound crazy myself for talking about it. It'll give you a frame of reference  for this post.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.

Ok, are you back?  Good.  First of all I have to thank Amy for helping me to think of a topic for this post.  "Y" isn't necessarily a difficult letter, I just hadn't thought of one yet. And here I am, barely getting it squeezed in for the "Y" day!  Yikes!  I'd better get on with it.

Anyways, Yo Gabba Gabba.  It's Stella's first favorite show.  Yes, she watches TV.  Don't judge me.  She doesn't watch it all day and it isn't used as a babysitter.  I know there are tons of people out there that think that kids shouldn't watch TV before a certain age and/or shouldn't watch too much.  Clearly I'm not one of them.  Yes, I know about the studies and correlations to behavior and whatnot.  But, at the same time, for every study that proves one thing, there's at least one study that proves the opposite.  So yes, Stella watches TV.  So do the boys.  We love us some TV in Drosche Land.  I watched TV lots when I was a kid and am still addicted now.  I grew up to be perfectly fine.  Most of the time.  :)

Ok, enough soapbox.  Yo Gabba Gabba.  Stella loves it.  She loves the characters.  The music.  The movement.  She actually dances to it sometimes.  I think it's dancing.  It is a mixture of jerky movements and a rocking/bouncing.  Yeah, I think it's dancing.  We're thinking about a Yo Gabba Gabba theme for her 1st birthday, but I'm not sold on it yet.  We will see.  

With a toddler back in the house these kind of kiddie shows are back.  Truthfully though, they have never fully left as the boys still enjoy watching them, although they won't always admit it.  They actually get a kick out of Yo Gabba Gabba too, but if you ask them, they'll deny it and say it's for babies.  But between you and I, we know the truth!

So, Stella watches TV and she loves Yo Gabba Gabba.  Soon enough the television will be taken over by princesses and fairies I'm sure.  But for now we have these quasi-educational "baby" shows with cutesy songs and characters.  But it keeps us all entertained!

All is well, 25/26 down, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment