"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

U = Ultrasound

Ultrasound.

The blessed time when you get to see your baby for the first time.  I have always loved seeing the ultrasounds of all of the kids.  Even though, admittedly, I am horrible at seeing/recognizing anything in them.  Luckily for me, Amy is excellent at that.  

We waited the standard allotted time, 20 weeks right?, with the boys.  I remember finding out their genders.  Braeden was our first so we had no clue.  Well, at least I didn't.  Amy knew he was a boy from the start.  The same with Jackson.  Everyone was thinking/wondering if he would be a girl since we had a boy, but Amy knew better.

Stella's pregnancy was different though.  Amy was unsure (shocking I know).  I was hoping it was a girl.  Everyone was hoping it was a girl.  We'd made up our minds to be surprised.  Yeah right!  That didn't last long.  Amy and I gave in but still couldn't wait until 20 weeks so we booked an appointment at an ultrasound place outside of our doctor's office.  We took the boys.  At first she wasn't cooperative at all.  We got great face and body shots, but nothing gender-specific.  We were on the verge of giving up when bam!  GIRL!  We were shocked actually.  I'd been hoping for it but the confirmation still came as a surprise.  The boys were excited, even though they'd both been hoping for a little brother to torment play with.

As soon as we returned to the car we called our families at the same time and shared the joyous news.  It was awesome!  I can still remember it clearly.  I still look at the kids' ultrasound pictures often, we have them in frames at home.  I love seeing them and mentally reliving the time when they were in utero (I love that term).  Great times.  Stressful, but great.

All is well, 21/26 down, in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment