"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N = Naps

Naps.  

This post may harken back to the "F" post, but I am so pleased with Stella's sleep habits that it bears repeating.  Plus, it fits for "N" as well.

Ahhhhh, yet another area where Stella was, and is, a completely different baby than her brothers.  Neither of the boys were "good" or "easy" when it came to naps and bedtime (Braeden especially).  Stella though, she's a dream (pun intended).

She slept so often and so well when she was a newborn that Amy and I often worried that she was sleeping too much or that there was a problem.  But, we just kept with the saying, "Don't wake a sleeping baby.".  It worked.  She quickly and easily transitioned to sleeping through the night.  Although I have to admit that I owe this to Amy as this is one area where she shines as a parent.  I give in.  I fold.  One more hug, one more kiss.  Shhhhh.  But we firmly decided to make sure that Stella would not pull any of that foolishness.  We intended to proceed with the cry it out method but, luckily, didn't have to do it too often.  

She continues to sleep beautifully through the night.  It is so nice to have a good night's sleep on a regular basis.  However, it does seem as though she is already hard at work on eliminating her naps during the day.  She is pretty much down to one nap a day that ranges anywhere from 1 hour to 3; it just depends.  We're not too worried though, it's just another sign that she is growing up.  Plus it will come in handy next year at school when there is a designated nap time during the day.  

So naps, I may not get them often (although there are times I wish I still could) and the boys are long past that, are an area of strength for Stella.  It's amazing the difference it makes when a child is an "easy" sleeper.

All is well, 14/26 down, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment