"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, April 19, 2013

Q = Quiet

Quiet.

Something Stella definitely is not.  Not at all.  Ever.  Seriously, the girl is loud.

Now, don't get me wrong.  The boys made noise.  But nothing like what Stella is capable of.  She is louder and everything is at a much higher pitch.  Happy? She squeals and screams.  Excited?  She squeals and screams.  Angry?  She squeals and screams.  Tired?    She squeals and screams.  Hungry?  She really squeals and screams.  Have you noticed a pattern here? The girl can make her some noise.

Maybe she just wants to make sure we know she is there?  Being the youngest in a family of 5 with 2 dogs can't be easy.  Let me assure you, she makes her presence known.

From my talks with other parents of boys and girls, I have found similar accounts.  Therefore I can hypothesize that it is because she is a girl.  It has to be.  What other explanation can there be for the large amount of noise that comes from such a tiny human.  Squealing, screaming, giggling, babbling, shrieking, etc.  Everything seems louder.

Then there's the pitch I mentioned earlier.  Whoa!  There are times I've worried that I might suffer hearing loss.  I didn't know that pitch could be reached outside of a dog whistle or Mariah Carey.  Yikes.

I'd like to say that we have become accustomed to it, but I don't want to lie.  It still surprises us when she belts out one of her earsplitting sounds.  Luckily though, it is generally not a bad thing and she is happy.  So I'll take that.  Better to have a loud and happy baby than a loud and cranky one.  Right?  On a related note, I may be in the market for ear plugs.

All is well, 17/26 down, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment