"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 25, 2013

V = Virus

Virus.

A dreaded word if you're a parent.  It means your kid is sick.  You knew that.  It also means there is nothing, i.e. medicinal, that you can do to help.  Darn.

If the virus is also accompanied by a fever, as they usually are, then you're also staying home with them until they are fever-free.  Ugh.  

Now, you know we've had our share of sick kids in these parts, but luckily Stella has managed to avoid it for the most part.  Sure, she's been out sick a few times, but nothing compared to what the boys were like at her age or even in recent years.  Amy and I often ponder her good health and why she is blessed with it.  Is it her healthy weight?  Her healthy appetite?  Just luck of the draw?  Whatever the reason we are glad that she is, by far, the healthiest of the 3.

I know I'm tempting fate by publishing this and I hope I don't end up regretting it.  Knowing my luck some sickness will take hold of us here and we'll be at home once again.  Hopefully these gloom and doom thoughts are for naught and all will remain calm in our house for the next month until summer hits.  Ahhhhh, the joy that would bring!

All is well, 22/26 down, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment