"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

B = "Bubba"

"Bubba"

So, if you've put your deductive reasoning skills to work, you may have noticed the quotations around the name Bubba.  Good job, dear readers.  I'm proud of you.  And yes, it is exactly what you're (hopefully) thinking.

Stella's first word.  "Bubba".  Said in reference to both of her doting brothers.  It happened about a week ago but I was saving it for today's topic.  She says it all the time now.  In happiness.  In excitement.  In frustration.  She says it.  She laughs it.  She screams it.  And they couldn't be happier that they have the honor of being her first word.

Braeden's was "Momma" and Jackson's was "Hi".  Amy had been working with Stella to get her to say "Dada" but she had long since mastered the sound for the letter "B" so the odds were not in my favor.  Oh well.  She'll say it eventually.  Amy swears she says "Dada" all the time, but I have yet to hear it.  I did, however, hear a "Momma" this afternoon and apparently she's said it before, several times.

So, now she's mobile.  Crawling all over the house, climbing the stairs, and is also working on walking as she cruises along the couch and coffee table.  Throw in the new found ability to make words and we're rapidly approaching toddlerhood.  Where has the last nearly 10 months gone?  Crazy!

My baby.  Speaking.  Crazy.

All is well, 2/26 down, in Drosche Land.  

8 comments:

  1. How sweet! Sometimes kids do get the "B" first instead of the "D". Like my second grandson; he called me bam-ma for a long time before he could get the "gr" sound down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The boys are so happy! The gr sound is pretty difficult and I always love hearing how they start to speak when they are first learning all about language!

      Delete
  2. Sorry it wasn't dada but what a great first word. This made me smile and remember my son's first word which was the cat's name, "Boo".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! With 2 dogs in the house I'm waiting for her to begin talking to them too!

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love watching them grow? Very cute family. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember when mine were that little, but I don't remember their first words anymore. I think writing all this down will be something you truly cherish in the years ahead.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and allowing me the opportunity to come over and learn more about your Stella. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope that recording this all is something they enjoy looking back over when they are older too, one of the reasons I am doing this! You are very welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete