"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, July 27, 2012

Criss Cross

Will make you jump, jump!

Ok, so that's Kriss Kross, not exactly what this post is about.  But maybe now you've got that song stuck in your head and you're contemplating wearing your clothes backward.  Ahhh, the joys of 1992.  But on with the post.

So, you know how to cross your eyes right?  I mean who doesn't.  To make fun of someone, to make a silly face, to see the tip of your nose.  Whatever the reason, you know how.  Well, turns out I can't!  Say what?!  Trust me, you can't be more surprised by this fact than I am.  I spent 31 years of my life thinking I could.  Imagine my surprise this past week when Amy pointed out that I couldn't.  The shock.  The horror.  I mean, how did I go 31 years without this quasi-valuable piece of knowledge about myself?  Did no one see fit to tell me?  Did they notice and feel bad for the kid who couldn't cross his eyes?  Did they notice and mock my futile attempts to do so, me not realizing the joke was on me?  Regardless, I just found out.

See, you may remember me mentioning that Braeden has a slight strabismus in one of his eyes.  Well, maybe it's genetic?  I've always known that my left eye was a bit of a "lazy eye", although I think strabismus sounds so much more official.  It's barely noticeable unless I'm tired or occasionally in pictures.  It's better now that I have glasses.  Apparently though, it's this little medical tidbit that keeps me from properly crossing my eyes.

I know what you're wondering.  "How did you come to find this out?"  Well, dear readers, I'll tell you.  See, as Stella is working on focusing on things and looking around she often makes silly faces.  One of which includes, you guessed it, crossing her eyes (accidentally of course).  So one day I was doing it back when Amy burst into uncontrollable (but I'm sure totally loving) laughter.  Once she caught her breath she was able to explain to me.  I used the forward facing camera on my ever-present iPhone to snap a picture.  A picture that would prove her correct.

Who knew?  Granted it's not technically life-changing information and my inability to do something so trivial and simple will likely never affect me.  So why post about it?  Well, in my defense this post is labeled as "Random".  But it's also a perfect example of one of those things you find out as an adult and surprises you.  Remember when I found out corn wasn't a vegetable?  That still shocks me!

So yet another surprise that life has thrown my way.  You never stop learning.  Speaking of eyes though, I finally got new glasses and I love them!  I didn't realize how scratched my old glasses were until I put the new ones on!  Ahhh, a new look just in time for the new school year!

What do you think?

All is well, uncrossed, in Drosche Land.

And just in case you can't get the song out of your head, here's the video!  Rock on!  Jump, jump!


No comments:

Post a Comment