"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

When It Rains . . .

You know the adage.  When it rains, it pours.  Well, that has held true here in Drosche Land this past week.  Both literally and figuratively.

Last week we had crazy thunderstorms and rain every day.  I love me some rain and stormy weather, but I did have plans to take the boys out of town this past weekend, to East Texas, to celebrate my Mom's birthday with family.  However, given the meteorological circumstances that ended up not happening.  I just didn't want to chance a 3-hour drive in the pouring rain, in the dark, to some place I'd never been.  As it turns out though, I wouldn't have been able to attend even if the weather had cooperated.

So you know that Amy went to a conference each day last week and she was super excited about it as it was great prep for her re-entering the classroom this year.  Well, Friday was the last day of the conference, and also the day I was to leave town.  I'd already canceled my plans when I got a phone call from her.  The van broke down.  Luckily it was in the parking lot of the building she'd been at so she was safe.  She'd called a tow truck but it would be over an hour.  So I finished feeding Stella and rallied the troops so we could go get her.  When we arrived I, like any good man, tried the van for myself.  Yep, she was right!  So we waited for the tow truck.  As it turns out he was able to give us a temporary fix, reconnect a loose cable, and we headed to the repair shop to drop it off.  The whole time we were hoping it wasn't the transmission, again.

The good news, it wasn't.  It was a relatively easy fix.  The bad news, more work (unrelated to the break down) was needed in order to get the van to pass inspection.  When is inspection due you ask?  By the end of this month of course!  Luckily, thanks to Amy and Dave Ramsey for having our finances back on the right track, this little downpour didn't hurt us terribly.  But we are still working out our plan to get everything back in working order without breaking the bank!

Sunday morning Braeden woke up crying and holding his neck.  He couldn't move it.  Amy and I both thought it was just a crick, he'd slept funny.  However, she stayed in pain all day long, crying off and on.  We began a Tylenol regimen for pain relief and he slept for 3 hours on the couch.  That night he had a rough time again and yesterday the pain was still there.  Lessened somewhat, but not gone.  We'd begun to get worried that something was wrong, but by bedtime he seemed in a better place.  As I write this now he is up and about, much better having regained a lot of movement.  Amy's still asleep so that will be a welcome finding for her when she awakes.  It must have been some wicked neck cramp though poor guy!  No fun.

So, as you can see, it's been pouring here for a while.  This craziness, accompanied by general life busyness, is why I have no Sunday Snapshot post this week.  I'll have to make next week's killer!  :)  But, the sun is beginning to shine again and we're drying out.  Again, literally and figuratively.  Life happens though, and when it does it's handy to have an umbrella near by!

All is well, another storm weathered, in Drosche Land.    

No comments:

Post a Comment