"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Dingo & The Drainpipe, Revisited

So yesterday I'm outside doing some much-needed yard work (finally).  As I'm mowing I notice something at the mouth of the front drainpipe.  Upon closer inspection it was clearly the remains of some small animal.  Worry not, this post does not include a picture.  I guess the readers here and people on Facebook were correct, it wasn't a mental illness or pica-fueled craving for metal that caused that stray dog to mangle my drainpipe.  It was pure animal bloodlust.

I can envision the scenario now.  Small woodland creature (likely a mouse) innocently scurrying around, midmorning.  Along comes the stray with this little buddy.  A chase ensues, there's nowhere to go but up (my drainpipe).  The stray, now crazed and maniacal vigorously attacks the innocent drainpipe until the confused homeowner (me!) appears out of nowhere and chases him away.  The mouse either mortally wounded or trapped in the drainpipe meets his/her end.  Flash forward a week or so and the heavy rains we have washes the evidence out.  The saga is finished.

I'm really glad that I had not started the disassembly and replacement of the drainpipe, that would have been an extremely unpleasant surprise.  It would appear as though my procrastination has come in handy for once (Amy is now rolling her eyes).  Woo hoo!  So the mystery is solved and I felt it my responsibility, dear readers, to share and update.  I know you, as I,  were still baffled and racking your brain in a Sherlockian attempt to figure it out!  :)

All is well, one less mystery but still one more busted drainpipe, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment