Tuesday was her 1 Month birthday! Hence the title of this post. Amy pointed out that we are 1/12 of the way to her first birthday and I cannot believe how quickly time is flying by. I tried my hand out at portrait photography with her for her 1 Month photo shoot. All in all I think it went very well. Her bedroom gets the perfect lighting all day so that was a cinch. I'm holding on to them until tomorrow's Sunday Snapshot though I think. But I will include some pictures of her enjoying her bouncy chair, one of her favorite activities.
One month. We've been through so much in such a short time and she has grown so much. Literally, she's nearly 10 pounds now and that is quite a feat for a Drosche baby. The boys took a few months to get to double digits. Stella took a few weeks! She is amazing and has definitely changed our lives. She is totally different from the boys and we have enjoyed finally having an "easy" baby, something we've only dreamed of in the past!
Wednesday was obviously July 4th and she slept (thankfully) through all of the noisy festivities. I took pictures with my camera and iPhone but I have yet to download them so we may have a late post about that forthcoming. Thursday and Friday we painted and redecorated the boys' room, something we've been meaning to do for some time! Again, I have pictures of the before and after so look for a post about that in the coming days as well. So you see it's been quite a busy week here in Drosche Land, considering we've been enjoying a relaxing summer thus far.
Back to the original topic of this post. To celebrate Stella's 1 Month birthday, I thought I'd share some facts we've learned about her so far. There's always something new each day, but here are some of the highlights. Just little things I wanted to record so I don't forget.
1. Whenever she finishes a bottle she smiles and laughs as she falls asleep.
2. The girl enjoys eating and she loves her schedule. She won't let us forget when it's time for a feeding!
3. She's hot-natured to begin with, but hates being cold, always wanting to be swaddled or snuggled in a blanket.
4. She makes a ton of noises (grunting, squeaking, sighing, cooing) when she falls asleep.
5. She sucks her hand and thumb.
6. She loves watching the fan.
7. She loves music.
8. Amy swears she bats her eyes at me when I talk to her!
9. She sneezes, a lot, and it's super cute!
10. She (like Jackson did) sleeps with her hands closed into fists!
|She loves the lights and music on her chair!|
All is well, one month down, in Drosche Land.