"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - JACK-O-Lanterns

Halloween is tomorrow!  As you know from a few posts back (here) we have had our pumpkins for some time.  What we haven't had though, until today, was the chance to carve them.  As usual life, and its busy schedule got in the way, often.  It's probably for the best though because we only recently got into some cool, fall-esque weather this past week and the heat and humidity that we get isn't so pumpkin-friendly.  Today though, being the last minute, carving our jack-o-lanterns was a top priority of mine.

However, when it came time to get down to business, I was met with an unexpected setback.  Apparently Braeden finds football far more interesting than pumpkin-carving.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me, it did.  But I moved on with Jack as my eager and willing sidekick.  Together we cleaned, designed, and carved both of our pumpkins.  He is a hoot and we had a great time together.  Amy helped with the seed removal process and I was able to persuade her into not only cleaning and roasting the seeds, but also with taking pictures of Jack and I working.

All in all it was a lot of fun, maybe not the exact process I had planned out, but life rarely works according to our plans right?  In this instance the experience was great and I got some good one-on-one time with Jack.  Hence the title of this post!

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

 Even though we've done this many times, at first he was hesitant to get in the pumpkin!

 But he was curious, as always, about the insides.

 He designed, I carved!

 2nd pumpkin - time for him to get involved!

Gooey!
 
The finished products and my coworker!


 
Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment