"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

iHere, iAwesome!

IT CAME!

ON SATURDAY!

Can you tell I am happy?  I wanted to post this blog for a few days but it has been busy here.  This was also originally going to be a Sunday Snapshot but it didn't happen.  2 weeks without a Sunday Snapshot, wow!  This week had better be good right?!  It's killing me that I've missed 2 weeks, but oh well.  On with this post.

So I called UPS again on Saturday morning, inquiring where my iPhone was and why it wasn't with me.  I was nice, the UPS lady was nice, but we didn't get anywhere.  I was told that due to the stipulations that Apple placed on their shipping (any package not delivered Friday 10/14 could only be delivered on Monday 10/17) I was not able to move the delivery to Saturday.  Bummer.  The worst part was the fact that Saturday morning it was here in Houston.  So, another strike-out and no iPhone.  I was frustrated but did my best (Amy might remember it differently) to deal with it.  I had moved on, mostly, when just a hour later the doorbell rang!  Who could it be?  We weren't expecting anyone .  Lo and behold it was the UPS man!  WOO HOO!  I laughed when I opened the door and told him he was my hero.  Amy said I needed to thank him and then call UPS to apologize for harassing them for the past 2 days.  I was just happy.  Very happy.

I quickly got to work setting it up and just a few minutes later I was ready to roll.  I have already grown to love my new iPhone and my addiction has been revived and strengthened.  Not only is it a totally AWESOME phone, but it is so nice to have one that won't die after 5 minutes of use!  Ahhhh, life is good.

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing.  Braeden had a T-Ball game that his cousins came to, then they came and played at the house so that was a lot of fun.  Sunday was typical - church and Costco, with some quality couch time sprinkled in for good measure.  Sunday night I had to go to the opening of the TX District LCMS Church Workers Conference.  We had no school yesterday and today due to the conference as well so I have been busy with that.  Amy and the boys have gone to school as usual, regular school for Jack and holiday childcare for Braeden.  Tomorrow we will all get back into out usual routine which is good because the remainder of this month is packed and busy!  

Oh, there was also other good news from Saturday that I hinted at last week!  That was originally going to be Saturday's post but with the iPhone delivery and conference it has been pushed back.  I'll mention it here but let it have its own post for another time, maybe tomorrow.  Drum-roll please!  We got cable! WOO HOO!  I know, it was a big weekend for technology in Drosche Land!  Yes, I know Dave Ramsey wouldn't approve, but we decided to treat ourselves.  Amy has worked it out and all is well.  It has been wonderful to have it back, plus having a DVR!  How did we go a year and a half without it?  Crazy!  Yes, I know, I am spoiled.  I have an extremely loving and generous wife who takes good care of me!  I'm lucky.  Very luck! 

All is well, iWell in fact, in Drosche Land.

 Even the box is beautiful!
 
 iAwesome!

  iLove!

No comments:

Post a Comment