"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, October 14, 2011

iBummer

So, not the post you were expecting today huh? Well it's definitely not the one I was expecting to write today either. As you now, I've been tracking my iPhone's status several times a day for the past week. I've followed it through China, to Anchorage, to it's extended stay in Louisville (2 days?), and last night it became a Texan, arriving in Dallas. I totally expected to have it tonight. Possibly to be blogging from it? Via voice? Imagine my surprise when I checked on it this morning and found out it was suddenly in Staten Island, NY! I know, right?! Well, I obviously could not call UPS during the day so I was left to repeatedly check the status and it was clear UPS had realized the error. As soon as school let out I was on the phone, not mine though because it would have died, with UPS. They were aware of the problem and I could expect delivery on Monday. WHAT?! Seriously? I then proceeded to speak with a manager, attempting to get it expedited for a Saturday delivery to me. Apparently that needs approval, despite the fact the delay is due to an error on their part. I never did hear back from UPS to find out if I could expect it tomorrow. Odds are pointing toward Monday though. My latest check on the website says it is once again en route to me from Staten Island, with delivery by the end of the day on Monday. So, we shall see if some miracle occurs and brings my wayward iPhone 4S home tomorrow. If not, iWait some more. Until then I do have the fun of updating the iPad to IOS 5 and playing around with that!

Bummed, yes. But at the end of the day it will get here and it's not that big of a deal. Yes, I did just say that and yes, I meant it. There are far more pressing things in life than a delayed delivery, no matter how anticipated it is. I'm lucky to even be getting it, thanks Amy!, so I'll count my, many, blessings. Not all is lost though. Tomorrow does hold some excitement that I will be posting about tomorrow some time. Plus the weekend looks like it might, fingers crossed, contain a substantial amount of rest and relaxation! You can't go wrong there!

All is well, iWaiting (still), in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment