"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, October 03, 2011

iAnticipation

So, it is no secret that I love my iPhone, well all Apple products really.  I am never, ever without my phone and use it all day every day.  It might be a slight addiction, but let's not get into labels.  Anyway, all was fine and dandy until the end of the summer when I began to experience problems with my beloved iPhone.  It started to randomly shut down.  Then when I turned it back on the power would be dramatically lower than before it turned off.  Weird I thought, at first, must be some fluke.  Well, not so much.  It got worse.  Instead of being a randomly occurring incident, it became daily.  There was no rhyme or reason to when it would turn off, 100% battery power or 20% power, it didn't discriminate.  Then it  happened that I could no longer turn it back on unless I plugged it into an outlet.  Yikes!  This meant that if I was out and about and it died, I was out of luck!  OH NO!  You can imagine my distress.

I have been forced to not use it so much when out unless totally necessary and I always have a charger with me, always.  Sad really.  No more Facebooking, texting, browsing the Internet, playing games, etc. whenever I want.  Nope, I'm at the mercy of my dying iPhone.  This summer was my 2-year anniversary of having my iPhone which meant that I am due for an upgrade, but I knew that the new iPhone was coming soon so I didn't want to waste my upgrade on a soon-to-be outdated phone!  Well, the day I have been eagerly anticipating, scouring my Mac blogs (not on my iPhone of course), and researching has come. Tomorrow Apple will make their big announcement.  I am super excited and can hardly wait.  I'm all read up on the rumors of what to expect, and am stoked about all the possibilities.  But really, I am mostly looking forward to soon getting a phone I can use any time I want to do anything  I want!  

Well, in reading this post it does sound as though I have a slight problem/addiction.  I guess it could be worse though, in the scheme of things.  I will have to find a way to follow the announcements throughout the day tomorrow so I can keep informed.  Hopefully I will be able to start counting down the days until I am once again fully connected!  I should end this post because it's just getting me all excited! Ha!   Maybe just a slight problem!

All is well, iWaiting, in Drosche Land.   

No comments:

Post a Comment