"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, October 06, 2011

iReady

So, unless you live under a rock you already know about the death of Steve Jobs yesterday, just one day after the announcement of the new iPhone 4S. Sad. Leads to mixed feelings about the new iPhone.

Obviously since I was in the classroom all day on Tuesday, I couldn't stay as up to date as I'd have liked on the announcements but I did have a friend text me highlights. I have to admit, at first I was a bit disappointed at the fact that there is no iPhone 5. But, in agreement with a blog I read, technically the iPhone 4S is the iPhone 5 everyone was hoping for and expecting, just with a different name. I'm totally stoked about it and cannot wait. Tomorrow is the big day when preorders begin! I still haven't worked out all the plans with Amy so we will see what we decide to do about getting a new phone. Luckily though, my contract is up so we wouldn't end up paying an overly exorbitant price for a new one. We will see what we decide tomorrow. I will admit though that the thought has crossed my mind to stay up until midnight to see the moment when they go on sale! The only reason I haven't made a firm decision to do so is because I can't find any concrete information on what time exactly it will go on sale. Knowing my luck it would be midnight PST and, although I love staying up late, 2:00 am is too late for me, especially now that I am the ripe old age of 30! A quick check first thing tomorrow morning will have to suffice!

In the mean time my poor iPhone continues on its slow path of self-destruction, showing no rhyme or reason in its pattern of sudden shutdown. I have to admit that I am so looking forward to the day when I do have a new phone and am no longer forced to remain within a charger's cord length of an outlet to use my phone for longer than a few minutes! Frustrating as it is though, I still love my iPhone and a part of me will miss it whenever I do finally upgrade. I am a total Apple addict. I don't see myself owning any other type of phone or computer ever.

So, with all the excitement of a kid on Christmas Eve I will head to bed tonight eager to see what the early morning hours bring! I can't wait. Hey, at least I'm admitting of and comfortable with my nerdy addiction!

All is well, iWaiting, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment