"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Runner's High

Ok, if you know me and you read the title to this post you know that it can't possibly have anything to do with me. You're right. I don't run. I just don't see the point. I'm happy walking, I have a car, and I'm never being chased. Therefore, running never seems to be a worthy option. People talk about getting a "runner's high" but I have no clue what that is all about. When I run I feel horrible. But alas some people, for some reason, enjoy running. Apparently, and through no thanks to my genes, the boys seem to be some of those people. We've known for some time hat Braeden is a pretty good runner, he won 2nd place in Pre-K for the most laps run throughout the year in PE and I've heard from several people that he loves to run and is quite good at it. Today we found that Jack may possibly be following in his footsteps.

See, today was our Fun Run and Buddy Field Day at Trinity. This is a great day and serves as a major fundraiser for our PE department. You know the drill, the kids get people to sponsor them per lap or with a flat fee. Well we donated a flat fee for both boys this year. We were just so busy we may try sponsors next year. Anyway, 8 times around our field is a mile. Braeden ran 18 laps and Jack ran 16! Yes, that's right they both ran 2 miles! I walked, yes walked, 1/2 mile (told you they didn't get it from me). In my defense though I was taking pictures for my classroom blog, taking pictures for the yearbook, and socializing with kids and parents. So, I'm super proud of them both and a bit in awe that they have, somehow, found another athletic endeavor they love. Who knows? Maybe there are future track stars in our midst? We shall see.

So, sports aren't my thing. That's ok, I'm cool with it. But my boys, that's a different story, especially Braeden. They can't seem to get enough of them. Maybe it'll pay off, literally, in the long run. For now though it's just all fun and games, that an apparently running!

All is well, running the race, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment