"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

iWait

Ok, I'm back. It's been a few days since I've posted so that means it's time for a recap!

We'll begin with the title of this post! Yes, I did order my new iPhone 4S on Friday morning! Thanks to my wonderful wife who understands and supports my Apple addiction and loves me in spite of it! I am obviously stoked about my new phone. There of course is the fact that I need a new phone anyway since mine is dying, but there's the fact that the new iPhone is going to be awesome and I cannot wait to play with it! It shipped on Monday and spent the night in Anchorage, AK. It arrived in Louisville, KY yesterday and apparently is enjoying a mini vacation there before heading to Houston! I might be checking the UPS website several (ok tons) times throughout the day. It should be here by Friday, although I do have the hope that a slight miracle will occur and it will arrive a day early! We shall see though, either way my wait is almost over!

This past weekend was very busy. My cousin had her baby and he is super adorable. After Braeden's game last Saturday we headed to East Texas for a visit with my cousins and their families. It was only a brief overnight trip but it was nice. As an only child I was very close to my cousins and they were like siblings to me. Of course as we've grown up we don't see each other as often as we'd like, but hopefully that will change. The trip also reminded Amy of how much she enjoys the country. She has always said that one day she would like to move to the country. I go back and forth. I love the city, but there is something wonderful and peaceful about the country. Who knows, maybe one day we will have a vacation home, then we can have the best of both worlds! I took my camera with the hopes of getting some good pictures for a Sunday Snapshot but that obviously didn't happen since there was no post. I just didn't have the time and my iPhone is unreliable so even that was out of the question (although no trot much longer!).

We returned Sunday afternoon in the wonderful and much-needed deluge. The remainder of the weekend was spent getting caught up on laundry and prepping for the upcoming week. S far, so good. Amy did point out over the weekend that last week was the first week this school year that all members of the Drosche family made it through an entire week at school! It only took 8 weeks! Hopefully the plague/bad luck/curse or whatever has passed over our house and has moved on. This weekend should be more of the same: T-Ball and relaxing. We do have exciting plans for Saturday, but I'll save that for a post of its own!

I think that just about catches us up. It is getting late and I think it's time for me to check the UPS website for the status of my iPhone! Hopefully it has left Louisville!

All is well, still iWaiting, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment