"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, November 03, 2011

November?!?!

Ok, so we are officially 3 full days into the month but I am still in shock that it is actually November already! Where has 2011 gone? Are we seriously this close to its end? As surprised as I am at its arrival I am also excited at most of the events it holds.

First up - my birthday! Yippee! Usually a cause for celebration but this year I approach it with some trepidation. As you'll remember from my frequent posts last year, 30 was somewhat scary to me. Me? 30? Well, I guess I've gotten used to the idea just in time for my birthday to roll around again. 31? Now I'm fully invested into a new decade. 30 was just dipping my toes in, trying it out. But 31? Now I am actually IN my 30's! I'm not sure I am so comfortable with this or remotely used to it but it will be here soon enough (2 days for those of you counting down)!

The other big event this month, and one I am certainly more excited about, is my trip to Las Vegas with Adam over the Thanksgiving break! It's his 21st birthday and Amy and I, for as long as we can all remember, have promised him that we would take him to Las Vegas when he turned 21. He never forgot about this and held us to it this year! My wonderful wife (love you Amy) is letting us go for a guys's trip to Las Vegas and its going to be awesome! See, you know I'm an only child and although it does have its perks, I've always wanted a sibling (Mom, you know it's true!). So Adam is my little brother, and a great one at that. We leave the day before Thanksgiving, which is his actual birthday, and return Saturday. Just enough time to have fun and hopefully make some money! I'm hoping that with Adam's skills and knowledge and my, well my support, we'll make some money. I think a 60/40 split is fair (I'm the 40), right? Regardless of money won (or lost) it'll be a great time.

Then of course there's Thanksgiving this month. I'll be out of town in Vegas this year (thanks Amy) but I still have so much to be thankful for. I do love this holiday and this time of year. I feel bad that somehow it has gotten lost/skipped over in between Halloween and Christmas. Poor Tom Turkey. It's a wonderful sentimental holiday and it comes with some great food. I'm already starting to crave turkey, dressing, pumpkin pie, cranberries, and the list goes on.

Lastly, my beautiful wife is pregnant! I know we have a ways to go and this post is technically about November, but it puts us one month closer to the baby and I couldn't be more excited or happy. I haven't posted much about it since the announcement, but worry not. I will be updating frequently. Our first doctor's appointment is next week so stay tuned!

So, there you have it, November. Although it has snuck up on me I do feel it's going to be a great month and am looking forward to it. Plus, it means we are that much closer to Christmas which is, to quote the song, the most wonderful time of the year!

All is well, starting a new month, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment