"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Getaway

Ok, so I have been gone for a while but I am back!  Well, I actually never left but things got busy last week as we all returned to our school routines since I had to report back August 1.  I am stoked about the new school year but things got busy quick.  Throw in the fact that Friday I took Amy to San Antonio for her 30th birthday getaway and that made things busier as we prepped the house, the boys, and ourselves for a weekend away.  But I am back and ready to roll.  On with the post.


So, you may remember that last year for my 30th (here and here) Amy took me to San Antonio for the weekend to celebrate.  We love the Riverwalk and have deemed it "Our Place".  So, I decided to take her there for her 30th birthday this year.  Yes, I know it technically isn't her birthday but since it does fall right at the beginning of the year (when we are incredibly busy) this was the closest I could get before things get insane.  I decided to take her away, just the 2 of us, and leave the boys with my mom.  Long blog short - we had an awesome time.  It was great to be just the two of us.  No rushing, no kid's menus, doing what we wanted and when we wanted to.  Bliss.  The first night there we ate at a very nice restaurant (per her request) called Biga on the Banks.  We highly recommend it as we had an amazing, romantic, 2-hour dinner.  The rest of the weekend involved a trip to the Pearl Farmer's Market (another recommendation), shopping in San Marcos, seeing Harry Potter at the theater, and lots of relaxing and quality time together.  It was a memorable trip and we are already talking about our next one.  Amy truly enjoyed it and the look on her face was worth it all.

So, this turned out to be a bit longer than the standard Sunday Snapshot post, but there was some catching up to do.  We didn't have the camera with us but I took tons of pictures on my iPhone of the delicious food we ate.  I don't know which one of us will be posting those on our blogs, we will see.  The one picture I share though, since it is a Sunday Snapshot post, is one of my beautiful wife Amy this morning at breakfast on the Riverwalk.  It was her trip after all and she is amazing.  I think the picture is pretty great too (thanks to Instagram my new fave app!).

I LOVE her!
Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment