"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 01, 2011

Seeing Double

So, an interesting thing happened to me at the mailbox this afternoon.  The trip was going as it usually does - stop the car, get out (our neighborhood has the boxes groups every few blocks or so), open our box.  You know the drill.  However, it was when I pulled the mail out that things became different.  There was a large, white envelope inside.  Addressed to me.  From GCU.  It seemed quite familiar.  In fact, it seemed exactly like the one I received a few weeks back that contained my M.Ed. diploma.  What could this be?  My mind wondered and wandered on the short drive to the house.  An honorary doctorate?  A refund check?  When I opened it I found ANOTHER M.Ed. diploma, identical to the one I already have!  Yes, I know what you are excitedly thinking, "Just when he was done blogging about his M.Ed., there's more!"!  Yes dear friends in the blogosphere, there's more! 

Hmmmm.  I'm not quite sure what to make of this.  I don't recall putting in twice as much effort into my coursework.  Maybe it is their way of informing me that I am twice as awesome as I thought?  :)  My first diploma is at school, awaiting it's hanging on my classroom wall per Harry Wong, so I can't compare them and I don't recall any typos or errors on the first.  Compound that with the fact that there is no letter of explanation or anything in the envelope and I am bewildered.  Tomorrow begins our faculty meetings to prepare for the upcoming school year (and I am totally stoked!) so I am not sure if I will have a ton of time to call GCU and inquire about the twin diplomas.  We will see what happens when I get through to them.  Despite my high hopes in the symbolism behind the documents I am nearly positive that it will boil down to a simple error.  But at least I'll come out of it with a set of proofs that I truly am now a Master!  :)

All is well, twice as nice, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment