"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Start Me Up

So, yesterday was Registration Day at Trinity for the 2011-2012 school year!  It was a lot of fun to meet all the parents, even though I knew most of them anyway.   Now the new school year is officially almost here, less than one week.  Anyway, in between our two sessions I was finally able to sneak away and make it to one of my all-time favorite places, Teacher Heaven!  My school provides us some classroom start-up funds that come in quite handy in purchasing new supplies and replacing the consumable things I go through each year.  So, since I had to make it back for the second Registration session, I was in a time-crunch and on a budget.  I had to hurry!  Luckily I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted (thanks to an extensive list) and I know the layout quite well.  Nevertheless I fought the urge to wander through the store, mentally spending thousands of dollars in decorations, manipulatives, teacher books, and office supplies.  I had a little motivation to hurry though because, as if it wasn't hot enough outside, the store was burning up and packed with other teachers hustling and bustling about filling their baskets with goodies.  I was dressed up so I didn't want to get all sweaty and schmutzy.  Long story short (too late?) I made it out in record time (for me) and (drum roll please) exactly on budget!  No I didn't get everything on my list (it was quite long) but I did make a decent dent.  As for my treasure trove - see below, thanks to my iPhone I could document it all!  I had a ton of fun, as I always do, and would eagerly (time and money pending of course) go back!

All is well, with a bagful of new classroom goodies, in Drosche Land.

 Clearance frog border?  Don't mind if I do!

 A multi-purpose must-have, I get them every year!

 Decisions, decisions, decisions!  Which nameplate?  (I went with the one on the right!)

Um, yeah!  Can we say Reading Groups?!
 
 Amy's mom gave me a ton of bins very similar to these to keep my children's books in (I have about 1,400) but I needed more!  Love them!

 Just hung it up today!  Nothing says "Welcome" like some crazy frogs!

 Who doesn't love getting some mail?

Which lesson plan book to get?  I spent a good 15 minutes here.
 
 Sadly, they don't make my favorite anymore and I am uber picky so I couldn't find one that was exactly what I wanted so I went with this plan, generic one.  However the price, $4.59, was just right!

 Because sometimes you need little frogs!

 My FAVORITE purchase!  It was an impulse buy at the register but totally worth the slightly exorbitant price and it didn't even put me over budget!  A win-win!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment