"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Birthday Boy

Well, it's Sunday night and the weekend is winding down.  I guess with it ends my 30th Birthday Extravaganza.  What?  Weren't you referring to this past weekend in the same way?  You know you were!  I have to say it was AWESOME!  But alas, all good things must come to an end.

The fun began Friday on my actual birthday.  Amy was the first to greet me, followed by the boys!  Then it was off to Starbucks for my FREE birthday coffee (a perk of having a registered card and using it lots!)!  At work I found my classroom door decorated and wore some pretty cool birthday accouterments provided by my friends.  Also provided by my friend, tacos from Jack in the Box (yes, you guessed it - 30)!  I still have some in the fridge and am slowly working on them!  Gifts and treats followed throughout the day, ending with dinner with my family at La Finca (our favorite restaurant) and Crave cupcakes (Chocolate Espresso)!

Saturday dawned and with it came my secret birthday getaway present from Amy!  It took me almost the entire trip there to figure out what we were doing.  The surprise?  A trip to the outlet malls in San Marcos to shop for clothes!  Woo hoo!  I love me some shopping, especially for clothes!  I was able to get 3 complete outfits (including shoes)!  I am stoked to start wearing them tomorrow!  After that we went to one of our favorite places - San Antonio.  This was especially fun because we, as usual, stayed on the Riverwalk.  The boys had never really been away on vacation, let alone having stayed in a hotel.  A trip (albeit short due to the boys' interest levels) to the Alamo and dinner outside on the Riverwalk rounded out an excellent day!

This morning it was back home and back to reality.  Sad, but true.  All in all though, it was an incredible birthday, definitely the best ever!  I am extremely lucky to have such an awesome wife, great family, and super friends that helped make turning 29+1 (yes I am still referring to it as that, although slowly opening up to the t-word!) totally fun and worth it.  I'll admit, everyone says the 30's are the best time in your life and I must say, if this birthday was any indication - that is surely going to be the truth!

All is well, so far liking the 30's, in Drosche Land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment