"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 1 (Week 1)

Well, yesterday was the first day of school!  I fully intended on posting about it yesterday but I started feeling bad around 2ish and then by the time the end of the day had come I was full-blown sick.  It was all I could do to make it home with the boys before I collapsed for the night, sickly writhing in and out of consciousness.  I'm only being slightly dramatic, I am not the easiest sick person, just ask Amy.  Luckily I only get sick about once a year.  Anyway, I was worried I wouldn't make it to school today, but I was determined.  I couldn't miss the 2nd day!  That would be horror for a sub.  Amy almost made me stay home, but after a night's sleep I woke up fine.  I just caught ahold of some weird 12-hour bug or something.  So, that's where I was last night.

Ok, I will pause here to state that I began this post Thursday night and am finishing it Saturday morning!  Welcome to the beginning of school and being back in the school routine!  So, I guess this post will now encompass the entire first week and be a little longer!  Sit back, relax, and read!  Ok, on with the post!

As for the first day, it went very well.  I had a great day with my 21 (yes, 21, but big classes are fun!)  Aside from getting sick at the end of it, I had a blast.  It is always fun to meet the new kids and start a fresh year, wondering what it will bring.  This year was also big, as you know since I speak of it often, because Braeden began Kindergarten.  He was super excited all morning long.  Waking up and getting dressed went very smoothly!  We had smiles and laughs and great pictures!  I was so glad that it did not end up like last year with tears and pouts.  It looked like it was going to be a good day!  He already knows all the teachers, one of the benefits/side affects from being at school all the time and being a teacher's kid!  Yet, I will say that when it came time to actually go to class, he reverted to crying.  It was the craziest thing.  One second he was laughing and happy, the next he was bawling.  Luckily Carol, a great Kindergarten teacher and friend, took him and guided him into class since I had my own students coming in at that moment (we're right next door).  Of course he stopped quickly and ended up having an excellent day.  He loves Kindergarten and so far is doing very well.  The rest of his week was pretty uneventful, oh he cried again yesterday before going to class but I have no clue why, again I was saved by a great coworker and friend, Lori the Kindergarten Aide and Student Teacher.  

Jack's first day was also great!  He has the same teacher, Mrs. Tori, that Braeden had in PreSchool 3 and we love her.  Mrs. Tarita, the aide, is also fantastic so between the two of them we knew that this was going to be a great year for him.  One of the things he is most excited about is the fact that his class is "The Zebras"!  Oh, that and there are Thomas the Train toys in the Blocks Center!  His first week was very successful and we got good reports each day about how he is a great helper and the best napper - he falls asleep first and stays asleep the longest!  I think those are two pretty good compliments!

Amy and I?  Well, we also had great first weeks.  Amy has been working late since it is the beginning of the year but she has been enjoying it and having great days.  Trinity's Early Childhood Program has grown and expanded so much in the past year she is ecstatic and loving it.  I, as I always do (as I'm sure most teachers will attest to) forgot how young they are at the beginning of the year!  Adorable, fun, hilarious, but young.  So we didn't get everything I had planned done, but we had fun each step of the way.  

So, a successful 3 days here in Drosche Land and now we are going to try (I stress try) to relax some this weekend.  I'm trying to get a head start on laundry and we are trying to keep the house tidied and nice.  I've discovered why we only bought one white uniform shirt for Braeden thanks to some gold-colored paint, but it's all good.  I'm troubleshooting through my laundry skills to see what I can do.  

Lastly, I do have 1st Day pictures!  However, I think I am going to save them for tomorrow's Sunday Snapshot!  I want to play around with them and edit a bit.  So stay tuned and come back tomorrow to see them!

All is well, back in the habit, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment