"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Another 30!

Well, Amy's big 30th birthday isn't officially until tomorrow.  However, due to the crazy schedule of our jobs in August, we have started the celebrating a little early since her actual birthday falls on Meet the Teacher Night for Trinity's Early Childhood Program.  That means a late night (after all day at school), no time for dinner out.  Think that's bad?  Next year her birthday falls on the first day of school!  It doesn't get any crazier than that!  You'll remember we began the celebrating last weekend when I took her away to San Antonio for her birthday getaway.  That was the start of it all, a birthday week sort of.  Tonight we decided to have a cake since we would not likely have the time or energy to do so tomorrow.  I made the cake, per her request: strawberry with chocolate frosting.  We sang, she wished, we ate.  It was pretty good too!  Tomorrow morning she will get her cards and present.  True to Amy form, she has a pretty good idea of what she is getting!  She hates surprises and probably due to that she is impossible to surprise!  Although, you never know what I have up my sleeve!  I'll have another birthday-themed post tomorrow for my very special birthday girl so we will see if I succeeded!  

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

 It's not a cake without candles!

 It's not a birthday without singing!

 Birthday cake!

  The beautiful birthday girl!

 Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment