"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, August 26, 2011

A View To A Kill

Although I do love a good James Bond film this post has nothing to do with the character or the movie of the same name.  I simply borrowed it because it was fitting and (I thought) clever!  The view I'm talking about is the viewing of Amy's MRI results on her shoulder.  Wednesday evening she went in to have the MRI done and we have been eagerly awaiting the results.  I'll spare you (for now) the drama and frustrations we have had dealing with this latest medical adventure but suffice it to say not everyone we are dealing with is being what we would term cooperative.  I mean it's just her shoulder right?  Nothing too important to worry about!  Too sarcastic?  Maybe.  Anywho, she now has an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon on Monday to hear the results of the MRI.  We do have good feelings about it though.  She, of course, has had more pain and discomfort in her shoulder these past few days, but she has been able to use her arm and move it some.  The pain is of course part of the healing process and partially also due to the usage of it.  But the pain isn't unbearable so that leads us to believe (or hope) that the damage is slight/minimal and possibly she only suffered the dislocations.  So our thoughts and prayers have been preoccupied by this lately but all is well.  Amy's tough and has a ridiculously high pain threshold.  Coming from me that's a huge compliment because I have the pain threshold of an infant.  I don't do pain well.  Amy, on the other hand (or shoulder for that matter) can hold her own pretty well.  I'm often impressed by the drive and motivation she has.

So, we wait a few more days and pray a few more days.  Hopefully this next appointment brings good news of healing and minimal physical therapy.  Of course, you can expect a post about it on Monday.  Until then though we will hope for the best.  It's time for some good medical news here in Drosche Land right?

All is well, still shouldering the burden of waiting, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment