"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Begin Again

Well, tomorrow is the big day - the first day of school! Obviously it comes around every year at about this time but I am always excited! This year is no different. In fact, I am probably more excited/nervous/crazed because this year Braeden will be in Kindergarten! Seriously?! Where did the past 5 years go? When did my baby become a kid? A kid! He is super excited! To be in Kindergarten, about his teachers, to see his friends, and to wear his uniform! I can hardly wait. Although you know I am having severe mixed emotions about it all. On one hand it's exciting because it is such a big day for him, but on the other hand it's bittersweet because he is growing up, all to fast in fact! But that is how life works right? Doesn't mean I'm prepared for it though! Even though it is a big day for Braeden I can't forget about my Jack! PreSchool 3?! Man, it seems like they are both determined to grow up, together!

So, school supplies have long since been delivered, lunches are made, back packs are ready, showers taken, teeth brushed, and two very excited boys are fast asleep. I, on the other hand, am wide awake as I always am on First Day of School Eve! My mind is racing with excitement over meeting all my new students tomorrow (21 this year!) as well as the stuff I have planned and the stuff I have yet to do (hey, nobody's perfect)! Hopefully I'll get to bed soon!

I hope and pray tomorrow morning goes smoothly. I have my heart set on taking tons of pictures but given the drama that was last year's First Day, we will see how that goes. Pictures at home, pictures at school, I have my plans! We will see how it all pans out.

But for now I'll relax (or try to) a bit and savor the quiet while everyone else is asleep. Come tomorrow the crazy and hectic times of the school year will be upon us once again and peaceful quiet may not be so easy to be found. Truth be told though, I enjoy it all.

So, I'm signing off for tonight to do a little reading, a little thinking, and a lot of praying for my boys, my wife, my students, and the upcoming school year! Here we go again!

All is well, back at it, in Drosche Land.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment