"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stuffed

No, I didn't eat too much.  Although I do need to get a bit more in control so I can get rid of the vacation pounds in time for the new school year, but that's a topic for another post.

No, I'm talking about something that everyone, at least I think everyone, has.  A dirty little secret in their house.  Their junk drawer.  Come on, you know you have one somewhere.  A place where stuff seems to land, get crammed, temporarily stored, or otherwise accumulates.  Ours in in our kitchen, the hub of our house.  So much goes on there it's easy to understand how it can quickly get filled.  Having a junk drawer, in my opinion, is alright.  It's just that when it gets difficult to close, or requires extensive force or maneuvering to open, it is high time it gets an overhaul.  Well the time came this morning for the Drosche Land junk drawer to be cleaned.  I knew it would be an undertaking, but 45 minutes?  Seriously.  Before you judge me to much (don't, again you know you have one somewhere) or get self-conscious about your drawer, I will continue this post with pictures.  Enjoy!

 Said drawer, innocent looking enough on the outside.  But on the inside . . .

A chaotic nightmare, desperately in need of an extreme makeover!
 
 Purged of its treasures.

 The contents, carefully organized and grouped.

 Seriously, how did all of this fit in there?

 A couple of coupon/receipt organizers.

 An accoutrement of home improvement supplies.

 Sticky, dirty hands?  We've got you covered.

 A kitchen essential, these get a pass!

Random assortment of gift cards!
 You never know when you'll need to write a note, or many notes.

 Coupons, because that's how my awesome wife rolls!

Kids' stuff, most of it probably confiscated contraband.
 
 Many extra key rings.

 If you're in the market for a great neutral paint color we can help.

 A collection of office supplies.

 Numerous crayons.

This is probably one of the most random things, used to trim dogs' toe nails.  It's a hassle and we've maybe used it twice, but it seems to be a staple in the Drosche Land junk drawer, always winding up in one wherever we live!
 
 Scentsy - of course!

Need hot sauce?  I just can't remember the last time we ate at Taco Bell?
 
Because you never know when you'll need a quick tutorial on how to use a tile cutter or electric griddle!
 
 Of course there was a pile for things that didn't fit anywhere else!

 This is my favorite thing that I found in the junk drawer.  I have no clue what it is, so of course I kept it!

Ahhhhh, cleaned out totally.  I may have gone a bit overboard in cleaning it out, but that's to leave room for the many things that will soon begin to reside here!


So, 45 minutes later I had a cleaned out and well-organized junk drawer.  Of course I had to leave a few random objects in there with the essentials (like the mystery object).  But that's what makes a junk drawer fun and unique - the little weird odds and ends you find in there.  Honestly most of what I found got thrown away.  The rest (finally) got returned to where it belongs.  Of course it will fill up again, who knows how long it will take?  But that is the nature of junk drawers everywhere right?
All is well, with a not so "junky" junk drawer anymore, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment