"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mastermind

So, you know the phrase - "Jack of all trades, master of none."  Well, I wouldn't say I'm a jack of all trades, maybe multiple trades.  But I can say that I am now Master of at least one, and I have the paper to prove it!  See, I just got my M.Ed. diploma in the mail!  Hold your applause please, you're much too kind.  Yes, I've been done for about 2 months, but now it's official, in writing.  Turns out they won't give you your paper until all fees have been paid, go figure.  Master or not, I was forgetful for a while regarding the fees.  But it is all taken care of now.  I am free.  Free to not worry about homework ever again!  Free to watch what I want, when I want on TV!  Free to read recreationally!  Believe me, I have been enjoying the freedom and I have no further plans to pursue higher education for the rest of my life.  Amy says I will give in and get another degree later in life, but we shall see about that.  

The best part is the fact that Amy is almost finished with her M.Ed. degree!  Then we can celebrate our freedom together and likewise will have more free time to spend together!    Ahhh, life is good and getting better.  I now need to get a good document frame for my new degree, and one for my original degree since I never have.  Harry Wong, education guru, says that teachers should display their degrees proudly in their classrooms, as a lawyer or doctor would display theirs in their places of business.  Who knows, maybe I will!  I do like the idea.  However, after my experience of personal and professional loss in New Orleans, I am hesitant to take something so valuable to school.  Amy is most likely against this for the same reason.  

Hopefully in a month or so I will be posting about another certain, much more beautiful, Mastermind!  I am so proud of her (I'm talking about you Amy!)!  It wasn't an easy road, long and tiresome instead.  But I made it, and Amy is terribly close to making it with me!  Lastly, I was only 6 months over my goal.  I always said I wanted a M.Ed. by the time I was 30.  So it technically wasn't before I was 30, but it was still accomplished during my 30th year.  Goals are good, making them is even better!  Oh, and in case you were wondering (and I know you were) you don't have to call me Master, but if you do, I'll answer!

All is well, masterful in fact, in Drosche Land.

  Isn't she beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment