"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Us Boys

Hamburger Helper.  Scary movies.  No estrogen.

What do these three things have in common?  Well, simple, they all play a large part in the next 2 days here in Drosche Land.  See, Amy is out of town at an administrator's retreat so we are on our own for a while.  

Hamburger Helper.  Who doesn't love this simple, one box meal?  College students, bachelors, and dads agree - it's a winner.  Not only is it good, but it's just at my culinary skill level!  The only thing easier to eat are leftovers, which also happen to be on the menu during these next few mommy-less days!  If I had my choice, or was single, I'd probably be content to live off of a diet of Hamburger Helper and Ramen Noodles (we didn't have any or we'd be eating that tonight!).  I do love me some Ramen Noodles, also a favorite of college inhabitants and those with limited cooking abilities.

Scary movies.  Me, not the kids.  See, Amy doesn't like or even tolerate scary movies of any sort.  I, on the other hand, love them.  I am currently browsing Netflix's instant gallery for something to watch tonight after it gets dark and the boys are asleep.  But I am having conflicting interests as I have discovered Brothers & Sisters and am in love, currently in the middle of the first season.  We will see what tonight and tomorrow hold for my viewing pleasure!  Currently we are watching the kid-friendly movie The Retrievers.  The boys chose it.  A cutesy movie that involves, you guessed it, dogs (obviously Golden Retrievers).  I'm not going to highly, or in any way, recommend it but the boys are enjoying it so that's good!

No estrogen.  Sure it might seem like a good idea.  Sure we might have fun watching scary movies and eating yummy boxed meals, but in the long run we would never survive without Amy.  Lucky for us she will only be gone until Wednesday so we won't have to suffer too long.  Although the movies and Hamburger Helper will make it easier to deal!  :)

All is well, and full of testosterone, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment