"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Makeover

Ok, so by simply coming to the blog to read this post you can tell something is different.  Well, that is if you are a regular visitor to Drosche Land.  If this is your first time here with us, welcome, but nothing will seem different to you, but continue reading and enjoy.

See, I have been thinking about a makeover for the blog for a while.  When I first created this blog the templates offered by Blogger were few, and the few were not for me.  So I ventured out in search of something better.  Something that screamed "DROSCHE LAND!".  After a lot of looking I found it and loved it.  But over time I wanted something different, something new.  Change is good right?  Even though I am Lutheran and therefore naturally anti-change and personally I avoid change at all costs, I still wanted something new.  But I never did want to sit down and begin the exhaustive search for something new, nor do I have the money to shell out to have a design created (although I have thought about it).  So I put the makeover on the back burner, if it ain't broke . . .  Then Amy started her blog and I looked over her shoulder (in a totally non-creepy way) as she created it.  I had not realized Blogger had revamped their template designer.  There are now far more choices and ways to personalize your blog.  No, this isn't an advertisement for it, but you should check it out if you haven't done so already.

So, last night, with Amy gone and the kids asleep I began to play.  After a couple of hours of exploring, trial and error, and creating I came up with the design you are now viewing.  So, what do you think?  The background picture is one I took this summer on one of our vacations to the beach and I love it.  I tried to keep the color scheme beachy and calming.  Not totally in line with our crazy lives and adventures, but nice nonetheless.  I couldn't decide if I liked it though.  But the hours grew late and I grew tired.  I decided to sleep on it and live with it a bit.  I'm not totally sold, but not sure why.  Maybe I'm being too skeptic.  Maybe my inner Lutheran is showing.  Regardless, I'm not all 100% about it, yet.  

I think I will continue to live with it and see how/if it begins to grow on me.  The good thing is that it is super easy to change if I decide to do so, I'm just extremely nit-picky and anal.  The bad news is that it's easy to change if I decide to do so.  I don't want it to be ever-changing but I am (along with Amy) one of those people who is constantly rearranging furniture and whatnot around the house, trying out a new look.  

So, what do you think?  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?  I'll keep you posted (ha, get it!) on my thoughts.  

All is well, face-lifted?, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment