"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Snapshot - Reclaiming the Jungle

Our backyard has been in a sad state lately.  See, it hadn't been mowed for a while, a long while.  Rain and laziness worked against me and eventually it looked as though nature would take over.  After a long discussion, Amy and I decided to hire a lawn service.  It was a hard decision for me, I had to admit to failure since the yard-work was technically my chore.  But it just wasn't getting done.  It's definitely not my favorite thing to do and I have very little desire to ever get it done.  But it was time.  The boys couldn't play in the backyard and the dogs were wading through shoulder length (their shoulders not mine!) grass.  It was a sad state.  So, over a two-day period last weekend I went at it so when the lawn workers came we wouldn't get charged an "overgrowth fee".  It was hard work and the mower threatened (and succeeded) several times to give up on me.  But, the knowledge that it was my last time to do it kept me going.  Monday the workers came and they did an excellent job and we were very pleased.  Now my only outdoor work left to do it attempt to kill all the weeds and get grass growing once more.  

This afternoon since the weather was finally nice (i.e. not sweltering or pouring) we all went into the back yard for a while.  Amy and I sat on the deck and relaxed while the boys played.  I'm glad they still remembered how to enjoy the backyard, after having not been out there for so long!  Luckily that is all behind us.  The weeds are fast-growing, the only thing that I seem to be able to grow, but luckily it will all be mowed on a regular basis now!  

So, I'm past any shame and guilt that I originally get for hiring a lawn service to do what I could/would not.  Now it's just time to sit back and enjoy having a backyard again!

All is well, picture perfect, in Drosche Land.

Soccer was the game of choice this afternoon!

Jack is always willing to stop and pose for me!

Braeden still would rather play than pose!

Jack decided to join the game!

Uh oh, he caught me taking pictures!

Post-score victory!

Practicing our kick

Scooter time!

Racing!

Someone had a little too much fun!



nihaoyall.com.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Cute boys. We have a Jack at our house, too. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! So far everything seems to be settling down! We hope she stays that way! Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete