"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Mysterious Ways

Well, I fully intended on writing this post yesterday but I was busy.  Doing absolutely nothing that is!  Amy and I made, and kept, a pact that we would not leave the house yesterday and we stuck to it!  Everyone in Drosche Land needed a day of rest and relaxation and I think we are the better for it.  By the time evening had rolled around I just didn't have the energy to post.  Funny how doing nothing all day can tire you out!


Yesterday though was a special day for us though.  It marked Amy's 24th week of pregnancy! This may not mean much, but 24 Weeks is considered viability and for us that is a sigh of relief.  I haven't mentioned it much here but this pregnancy has been a roller coaster for us, especially Amy.  I will get further into detail in another post but between hormone supplements, blood pressure, nausea, and doctors it has definitely been an adventure.  So, 24 weeks down is a big deal.  We are nearing the end here on our road to Stella with somewhere between 10-12 weeks remaining if history has anything to say about it.  With the gifts from last weekend's shower and continued gifts this week we are pretty well-prepared for Little Miss, well as prepared as we can be I should say.  We are full-on in the exciting and hectic countdown to C (as in C-Section) Day!


However, viability was not the only special thing about yesterday.  See, it was also Margaux's 4th birthday!  Coincidence?  I think not, HE doesn't really work through coincidences.  Amy and I smiled and took a little time to talk about her yesterday.  It never ceases to amaze us at how she pops up occasionally in our lives, and how she is somewhat tied to this pregnancy.  Stella's middle name, Pearl, is a nod to her and now she shares a milestone with her.  It's funny how God works.  I've mentioned a lot about the verse Jeremiah 29:11 here and it is one of my (and Amy's) favorite verses.  It started as a connection to the adoption process we were beginning so long ago, but over time it has developed into a motto/mantra/words to live by for our lives.  Amy and I often, as I'm sure many of you do too, try to get our plans to work in what we consider to be the right time.  Then HE comes and gently, sometimes not so gently, reminds us that it's HIS plan and HIS time that matters most.  Margaux and Stella are both very clear reminders of this for us.


These two girls will never meet.  They will never know each other.  Margaux will never learn about any of us, although one day we will share the story with Stella.  But these two girls will always be connected in some small way, at least in our hearts.


I was also going to post a Sunday Snapshot today as we got the pictures from our shower last weekend!  However, it is getting late here and I haven't had a chance to look through the 190 photos!  I'm super excited to though and will have the post up tomorrow.


All is well, with mini celebrations, in Drosche Land.    

No comments:

Post a Comment