"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nothing

No, it's not what this post it about. That would be quite boring right? Nope, instead this post's title refers to our Spring Break and what we've done over it. Or rather what we haven't done. You'll recall I was previously debating what to do for our annual Spring Break Project. At the top of the list was redecorating the boys' bedroom. Well, that didn't happen. Or ideas exceeded both our budget and time frame so we decided to put it off until further notice. Maybe summer? See, Amy only had 2 days off this year so we didn't have a ton of time in which to accomplish a lot. Monday she worked and I headed to the Rodeo with the boys and her family. Tuesday and Wednesday she was off and we decided that 2 days at home, doing nothing, was just what we needed. Well, not nothing actually. We successfully watched the entire 7th season of Deadliest Catch. Totally addicting. It never fails to amaze me what these guys do to get crab and the loads of money they make doing it! Whenever we watch I am left in awe, and hungry for seafood. But I digress.

Today Amy returned to work and I stayed home with the boys. I asked her, as I always do, what she'd like me to accomplish. She said, "nothing". For good reason too, her reason being that soon Stella will arrive and our time to enjoy nothingness will be gone for quite a while. So, going against every urge I had not to, I did just that. Nothing. I sat on the couch and proceeded to work on cleaning off the DVR. I am now caught up on Revenge. Love it! I also pinned a ton of stuff to Pinterest and browsed there a while. Oh, and I also started catching up on writing reviews on Yelp. Laziness aside I did do a load of dishes, one of laundry, and I registered the boys for the next school year. So I wasn't totally useless! It's amazing just how much you can get done by doing nothing.

Tomorrow my plan is much the same. Amy's brother Adam is in town from Nebraska for the first time since going away to college and her family is coming over to the house so she can make her famous pizza for dinner! Then Adam and I have plans on going out. To where I don't know? So my last day of Spring Break will be eventful.

All in all though I think nothing might have been the best option for us this year. It's definitely a first and I do have extreme trouble doing nothing. Maybe I needed the practice? Do you ever find yourself unable to sit, relax, and do nothing? Amy says that I'm often up and running around doing any number of things. It's a sickness I guess. One that I may never overcome, although I think I made pretty good strides this week!

All is well, nothing more, in Drosche Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment